Mandor Waterfalls to Machu Picchu 2D/1N
To visit the lost city of the Incas, Machu Picchu, and Mandor's waterfalls is an unforgettable experience. Mandor is nature lover's paradise, that many people miss the opportunity to enjoy; come and have an amazing time exploring it with us!!!
Day 1: Cusco – Aguas Calientes - Mandor
If you are staying in Cusco, we will pick you up bright and early to transfer you to the train station. You will arrive a few hours later in Aguas Calientes, from where we will start the tour. If you are staying in Aguas Calientes the night before, we will pick up you from your hotel to start our visit to the Mandor Waterfalls. This is a beautiful trail that exhibits a wide variety of local flora and fauna, such as orchids and bromelia. The hike follows the railway tracks for 4 km, parallel to the course of the rushing river Vilcanota. The trail then passes through an old coffee plantation before entering the cloud forest, following the river for about thirty minutes before arriving at the falls. Along the route we will pass through plantations of coffee, bananas, avocado and medicinal plants, until the surroundings become wilder and we are able to observe many species of butterflies. The waterfall itself is about 12 metres high; the water arrives here from the sacred peak of Yanantin. Further along the trail, deep in the forest, it is possible to spot spectacled bears, coatis, and river otters, as well as hundreds of bird species. (L / D)
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco
After breakfast we head up to Machu Picchu for a three hour guided visit to the old Inca citadel. You will have plenty of free time to explore the zone on your own, or to climb Huayna Picchu before enjoying a buffet lunch at the Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge restaurant. Later in the afternoon we will go down to Aguas Calientes for our return to Cusco. You will be met at the train station and transfered to your accommodation. (B / L)
* People who want to visit Huayna Picchu must let us know as soon as they can, because according to new rules, there is a limit of people (400) per day that can climb it.
- 1st Turn 07:00 am : 200 people.
- 2nd Turn 10:00 am : 200 people.
- Transfer to the train station to come back to Cusco (aprox. 4 hours of trip)
- Transfer from the train station to your hotel in Cusco.
- Train Ticket Cusco – Aguas calientes – Cusco
- Pick up to visit Mandor's waterfalls.
- Entrance fee to Mandor
- Bus ticket Aguas calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Professional bilingual Guide.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- One night in a hotel
- Transfer train station –hotel – train station in Aguas Calientes.
What is not included?
- Travel insurance
We recommend that you bring:
- Camera or video camera
- Sun glasses, sun block
- Mosquito repellent
- Light clothes
- Warm clothes for the return
Considering an extra night in Aguas Calientes? We can change the date of your train ticket to the following day. Hotel and other costs associated with returning to Machu Picchu the following day are additional to trek costs. Please also note that your entry ticket to Machu Picchu is valid for one day only, if you wish to visit the ruins on a second consecutive day you will need to purchase another ticket.
Aguas Calientes Extra Day Upgrade Package (optional)
With hikes that trek the traditional Inca Trail, the standard package has clients returning to Cusco at the end of the trek, and they don't spend a night in Aguas Calientes. This package provides clients the opportunity to stay in Aguas Calientes for an extra night, visit Machu Picchu for a second day and then return to Cusco by the comfortable Vistadome train.
- Cost: $195 per person on twin share basis. This price doesn’t change depending on the number of people in the group.
- Second day's entry to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu, valued at $75
- Bus up and down to ruins on extra day, valued at $24
- 1 night in a 3 star hotel, like Killa Inn Plaza Andina. These are nice hotels, well decorated, and clean.
- With limited eating choices at Machu Picchu hunger tends to send clients to Aguas Calientes; by including the buffet lunch we find that clients can visit Machu Picchu early, then go to the buffet to try lots of different Peruvian (and Western) dishes, rest and go back for a second look at Machu Picchu.
- Return in Vistadome train rather than Expedition train, which gives you the opportunity for a more varied timetable and to return in a nicer train, with big windows in the roof.
** Please contact us for a price for the same package but with 2 star accomodation and return in Expedition Train service **
Explanation of services: 2017
Joing a group sign-up and save costs
- 2 people : US$500.00 per person
- 4 people : US$450.00 per person
- 6 people : US$400.00 per person
- Under 15 years will pay as student: US$35.00
- Under 7 years Discount: US$50.00
Huaynapicchu: $75 per person
Vistadome Train (One Way): $80 per person
Vistadome Train (One Way): $80 per person
Sacred Valley Tour:
City Tour: $
Maras Moray Tour:
YOU CAN ALSO CHECK : Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu 2D/1N