Amazing trail choqueQUirao machupicchu 8d/7n
Choquequirao Complex is very interesting and one of the most popular treks in Cusco area. Choquequiraw is situated in the spur of the mountain range of Salkantay, over 3030m surrounded by the Apus of Yamana, Ampay, Chokecarpu, Pumasiyo and Panta, on the left bank of Apurimac river. In the time of the Incas, it was united and in communication with Machu Picchu by a complex network of trails. The reasons are many: The fantastic nature with valleys, snow-capped mountains and great variety of plants, birds and animals. Choquequiraw is considered as "The Last Refuge of the Inca Empire". Visitors can view a complex hydraulic system, most likely for domestic, ceremonial and agricultural use. The geographic location of Choquequirao in reference to other complexes of the same period would tend to indicate that its function was that of an Inca enclave toward the valleys of the Apurimac River. There are many similarities between Choquequirao and Machu Picchu. The latter was a sanctuary dedicated to the worship of the Inca Pachacutec; Choquequirao was also a sacred site, but one dedicated to other functions that could have had to do with war or with the surrounding apus. Each is located beside Mt. Salcantay and both are situated above, far above, a great river: in the case of Machupicchu, the Urubamba and in that of Choquequirao, the Apurimac.
The ecotourism, fulfilling all the norms of conservation and control, will lead a sustainable development of the zone. The Inca trail to Choquequirao is encounters with the nature area that is without disturbance or contaminating, with a specific abject of admire and enjoy the landscapes along with sylvester plants, wild animals and cultural manifestations.
CHOQUEQUIRAO AND MACHU PICCHU TREK INCLUDES
DAY1: CUSCO - CACHORA - PLAYA ROSALINA
(Apurimac River) At 5am we will pick up our customers from their hotels, and then we will transfer by our private van to Cachora (4 hours), once we will meet the rest of team (Arrieros and horses). Then we will begin trek go uphill, passing through the high pass of Capuliyoc, where we might see condors and great view of the Apurimac Canyon. Finally we descend through Cactus forest to playa Rosalina on the banks of the Apurimac River, the main tributary of the Amazon River. Camping at playa Rosalina (1550m) (L - D).
DAY 2: PLAYA ROSALINA - MARANPATA - CHOQUEQUIRAO
(Golden Cradle) After early breakfast strenuous 5 hours of uphill trek through a long and narrow trail, surrounded by beautiful vegetation with several varieties of orchids. Half way up stop for lunch at Maranpata, then continue hiking to more hours to Chokekirao (Golden Cradle), is considered the sister city of Machu Picchu, because of several similarities, it hangs 1500m above the Apurimac Canyon, and Machu Picchu hang above the Urubamba canyon. The view of the canyon is spectacular; it is also possible to see Andean Condors soaring in the mountains. Camping near of Chokekirao (3050m) (B - L - D).
DAY 3: CHOQUEQUIROA PASS - RIO BLANCO - MAIZAL
Breakfast will at 7am and then start our trek passing the Chokekirao ruins, up hill through cloud forest, Mountains and valleys to reach the Chokekirao pass. After 5 hours trekking the trail continue through agricultural terraces called Pinchinoyoc which means (water jumping forward - 2750m). There will observe different species of birds, different varieties of orchids, and local coca plantations. We will have our lunch near the Rio Blanco, we use the brake here to get a refreshing bath in the cold and clear river water. We cross walking through the river, since there are no bridges. After our brake we start the long and steep climb to our camp in Maizal, high over the river close to the sacred Apus of the Incas. From Rio Blanco we climb up to Maizal for about 3 hrs. Camping at 3000m (B - L - D).
DAY 4: MAIZAL - MINAS VICTORIA - YAMANA
Early morning trek around the Corihuarachina glacier, important due to some archaeological remains such as Inca channels. From here we start walking uphill passing by the impressive Inca mines called Minas Victoria and towards the Victoria Pass. Again a long climb, but we walk in amazingly beautiful area - first with cloud forest and then over Andean Puna with the well known Ichu grass. Then we pass through Minas Victoria, a place that during the colony, silver was extracted from a mine. Almost on the top we can apreciate original paved Inca trails. We take our box lunch at the pass in 4200m with view of the mountain Choquetakarpo, while we had lunch we will be able to appreciate the flight of the condors depending on the climate, and finally descend to our campsite at Yamana, a small isolated settlement at the bottom of a long valley surrounded by mountains (3800m) (B - L - D).
DAY 5: YAMANA - MMOUNTAIN RANGE TOTORAL
After early breakfast trekking uphill to the highest pas in this trek, named Yamana. Again the view will be amazing from here we will be surrounded by mountain range of Saqsarayoc and Pedreyoc. Once again we have the chance to see condors, and this mornings smooth climb bring us through new landscapes - especially the wet grass fields under the snowline that distinguish from everything else seen on the tour. In the pass we might walk in snow, and the descent is a long foggy hike through grassy fields- and bush areas and crossing small poor wood bridges on the way towards the community of Totoral, where we spend the in tents in a indescribable beauty, surrounded by pure nature (B - L - D).
DAY 6: TOTORAL - CLOUD FOREST - LA PLAYA
Today the trekking will be 7 hours, descending 2000m into Totora River. We will observe the natural wildlife, such as hummingbirds, woodpeckers, many species of orchids and begonias. Then we descend the trail on the left side of the Santa Teresa River where we will see small plantations of bananas, passion fruit, and coffee. On the way will stop at small waterfalls and get a refreshing natural bath. The area also has a big variation of bird the climate and vegetations have changed totally. The Playa is the biggest village on the way, where we can find some small shops to buy snack etc. In this area we can see small plantations of coffee and bananas. Campsite at 2125m (B - L - D).
DAY 7: LA PLAYA - LLACTAPATA - HIDROELECTRICA - AGUAS CALIENTES
We will have breakfast at 6:30am and leave our campsite and head for Llactapata (3 hours of steady climbing) Llactapata is an incredible Inca fort from which we will see MachuPicchu! after some photos and rest we will continue walking dowhill (2 more hours) passing a variety of crop plantations, coca, banana etc. until we reach the hydroelectric station. At about 4pm, we will go by train to Puentes Ruinas (near Aguas Calientes town) where we will spend the night.
Optional: In Aguas Calientes, you can take advantage of the thermal springs in the town (entrance 10 soles).
(B - L - D).
DAY 8: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
After an early breakfast from Aguas Calientes we walk or take bus to Machu Picchu, there, we will have a guided tour for all the Archaeological Site, then we will have free time to be on our own in Machu Picchu, maybe to climb the Wayna Picchu or visit the moon temple. At mentioned time you will meet the guide and then come back to Aguas Calientes (3pm) to catch the train back to Cusco arriving at 8pm aprox (B - L).
Amazing trail choquekirao to machupicchu 8d/7n
* People who want to visit Huayna Picchu must let us know as soon as they can, because according to new rules, there is a limit of people (400) per day that can climb it.
- 1st Turn 08:00 am : 200 people.
- 2nd Turn 10:00 am : 200 people.
The Tour Includes:
· Round trip transfer from the airport hotel airport
· Professional Speaking English Guide
· Private Transportation until Cachora (The beginning of the Trail)
· All meals during the trek until arriving in Aguas Calientes (vegetarian options available,Gatorade powder
· Complete Camping Equipment (Double Occupancy tents, Dining Tent, Kitchen Tent, Toilet tent)
· Tables and Chairs
· Horses, to carry all the equipment
· Extra horses for the clients in case of emergency
· Entrance Fees
· Last lunch at indio feliz: http://www.indiofeliz.com/en/restaurant.html
· All transfers
· Tourist Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
· 1 Night in a Hotel GRINGO BILLS OR INTI IN HOTELS
· Train tickets
· 2 ways bus to machupicchu
We recommended to bring:
· Personal sleeping Bag (If you dont have, you can hire from us)
· Bottle of Water(our cook wont give us water until lunch time)
· Purification Tablets
· Original passport in a plastic bag
· Backpack and Daypack
· Hiking shoes or boots
· Raincoat or poncho
· Water bottle, flashlight, hat, sun block, sunglasses
· Warm clothes, Light clothes, 4 pairs of socks
· Insect repellent
· Tablets for the altitude Sickness(We can find it easy in the Cusco Pharmacies, we hardly recommended the Coramina)
· 06 Extra pairs of Socks(In case those get wet, all time is important have our feet warm and dry enough)
· Extra plastic bags, to maintain our equipment dry during the rain season
· Chocolates, candies or other snacks
· Photo Camera
- 1 person : US$2450 per person
- 2 people : US$1400 per person
- 3 people: US$1350 per person
- 4 people : US$1300 per person
- 5 people : US$1250 per person
- 6 people : US$1200 per person
- 7+ people : US$1150 per person
- STUDENT DISCOUNT: $35 off per personStudent Discounts apply to anyone who has a valid GREEN ISIC card at the time of the trek or is 16 years old or younger. For those using an ISIC card to receive the discount, we do need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 16 years old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under 15 years will pay as student: US$35.00
- Under 7 years Discount: US$50.00
- ADDITIONAL ITEMS:As you see in our Additional Items under Trip Overview, there are several optional upgrades you can include in this trip. Below is a quick list of prices, but check our Overview section for more details.
Huaynapicchu: $65 per person
Vistadome Train (One Way): $80 per person
Vistadome Train (One Way): $80 per person
YOU CAN ALSO CHECK : Unique Choquequirao Trek- Machu Picchu 9d/8n