Enjoy an unmatched and mesmerizing panoramic train journey, as you pass through the Vilcanota River Canyon. Leaving Ollantaytambo, you start into the sub-tropical jungle, nearing the Amazon as you approach Aguas Calientes. From Aguas Calientes you take the shuttle up to the archeological wonder and UNESCO World Heritage Site: the Citadel of Machu Picchu! Marvel at your surroundings as you travel back in time to this magical place. Take your time exploring the majestic Machu Picchu, the Inca ruins rich in archeological wonders and the thriving culture of the people who once resided there.
MACHU PICCHU TOUR FULL DAY – 1 DAY
This is the day you’ve been waiting for! We pick you up at your hotel 4:00am, and then drive in our private van to Ollantaytambo Train Station to leave on the 6:10am train. (If you prefer to begin in Ollentaytambo, we will pick you up at your hotel 5:20 – 5:30). Your train departs Ollantaytambo at 6:10 and immediately enters the narrow Vilcanota River canyon. The steep canyon walls on each side are covered with lush sub-tropical jungle. Look carefully for the Inca terraces across the river, some of which are still farmed today!
Arriving in Aguas Calientes, your guide will meet you at the train station, then you will have a little time to buy a snack before you take the shuttle up to Machu Picchu. Your guide will give you the full tour, which takes about two hours. You will see all of the most important parts of Machu Picchu, including the Temple of the Sun, Temple of the Condor, Temple of Three Windows, Sun Dial, Quarry and the House of the Inca. You will also learn about how Machu Picchu is divided into three sectors: agricultural, residential and religious.
When you have had your fill of the exceptional views of Machu Picchu, you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes for lunch (not included). Depending on your train departure time, you may also have time for some shopping, sightseeing or a visit to the museum or hot springs. Your train will depart at 14:55 or 15:20.
The train will take you back to Ollantaytambo, following the spectacular Urubamba River. Close to Aguas Calientes, the canyon is narrow and the river has many beautiful sections of whitewater. You can also see Wiñay Wayna from the train, if you look up high on the steep canyon wall! Back at Ollantaytambo, your driver will meet you at the exit from the train station to take you back to your hotel in Cusco in our private vehicle. You can expect to arrive at your hotel by 19:00.
- Hiking up to the Sun Gate and Inca Bridge is not possible anymore becuase the regulation.
- Please note: Hiking Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mt. is not possible with the time schedule of a one-day tour.
The Expedition service is designed for traveler’s comfort, where you can share your experience with four passenger seats facing each other. There is a luggage area near the door for larger backpacks. Andean music is played throughout the journey and you will enjoy panoramic windows and air conditioning or heating as needed.
Expedition service departs Aguas Calientes at 15:20 and goes to Ollantaytambo – located 2 hours away from Cusco. This is a travel experience with all the quality and benefits of Peru Rail!
***Please note it is not possible to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu with this time schedule.
WHAT IS INCLUDED FOR MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
- Transfer at 4:00am from your hotel to Ollantaytambo by private van
- Expedition train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Round-trip bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (30mins)
- Admission ticket for the Machu Picchu Citadel
- Guided tour in English 2.5 hours – with a lot of free time for photos
- Small group from 2 to 8 people with an experienced guide fluent in English
- Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo, then transfer to your hotel in Cusco
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED FOR MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
- Hiking Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mt. is not possible with the time schedule of a one-day tour.
- Tips for your guide
- The Machu Picchu Tour is available on any date that is best for you, as long as we have a minimum of 2 guests!
PRICE -$397 USD per person
***Private service is available for $50 USD more per person.
***All entrance fees are included and we operate our tours in small groups averaging 5 people with a maximum of 8!
- 18 to 25 years old: $30 USD. Information required on student card: name of university, student name, photo of student, expiration date etc. A copy of the card is required for booking & government approval for discount.
- Under 18 years old: $30 USD. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: $40 USD. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.